Eternal Kingdom RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Kingdom RP

A site for casual role playing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A New Life

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tempest

Tempest

Amount of messages : 269
Gold : 1914
Date of registration : 2012-10-24

Character sheet
Power: Earth Gear
Mana Capacity:
A New Life - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue240/240A New Life - Page 2 Mana_b11  (240/240)

A New Life - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 12:04 am

Being pulled along, I have difficulties staying on my feet as she finally comes to a stop repeating what I said. She seems genuinely surprised by my praising, as she finally turns around to face me. It doesn't take long though as another one of those beast jumps in. Just like before the girl drags me back and attacks the beast, pushing it back. This one, however, seems quite stubborn and stands back up again for more. With its second attack, the barrier once again shows up blocking its attack. This time the girls to face some trouble as the beast pushes true separating the two of us. I once again brandish the knife I was holding but the girl summons another barrier this time between me and the monster. I'm starting to get worried about her decision, defending me, as she seems to be having more problem defend herself. The wolfs attention now set on the girl, she drops her barrier again and I too brace myself.

"........"

I'm shocked to the bone to see the girl gets swept off her feet by a surprise attack, from another wolf.  "She needs help", I shout in my mind but before I get to chance I slowly back down again as the first wolf charge at me. I stand steady, but the wolfs advancement is suddenly halted. I glance over to the girl who seems to be responsible as she is holding out her hand in its direction. That idiot! The wolf on top of her is practically chewing in on her, yet she still is trying to hold this one back.

"You're joking, right!? HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO JUST LEAVE YOU LIKE THAT!"

Her words fall on deaf ears, as my doubts and fears fade away. I start running for the girl, closing one eye to take aim. With a large arc, I throw the knife toward the wolf standing on top of the girl. Probably more luck than skill it reaches its target as it cleanly pierces through the wolf's neck. With the wolf (fatally) injured it backs off a bit howling in pain. I charge at the other wolf who's trying to push itself forward. With all my strength I manage to connect a solid punch to its face, as I try and leap around it. Though it flinches for a second it quickly retaliates by lasing out with its claws. I manage to leap around it getting up close to the girl again. Charging in with full speed, I perform a dropkick on the wolf closest to the girl to create some distance between us and these monsters again. It is only then that I notice I can't properly use my left arm. I take a look only to notice a large and rather deep cut in my upper left arm. That first wolf must have gotten me good, but I probably didn't notice it through the adrenaline.
Back to top Go down
https://eternal-kingdom.rpg-board.net
One-Winged-Cat

Amount of messages : 173
Gold : 0
Date of registration : 2018-09-12

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 1:15 am

Why doesn't he leave? He might get hurt like that and there shouldn't be anything preventing him from leaving and still he stays. He then in a swift movement manages to fatally injure the creature on top of me. As I can move again I jump up and as I prepare to fight, the remaining one seems to have gotten in a fight with Atom. I have to do something quick. Luckily it seems he can properly defend himself. That is until I notice the blood on his arm. That isn't good! I rush up to the creature and use all my strength to push it back breaking its back in the force. After that I just keep on firing new attacks until it stops moving. That is the moment that I notice I went overboard.

"I killed yet another..."

But I shouldn't think about that now. I rush over to Atom's backpack while panicking, remembering there were bandages in there. I immediately throw out stuff of his backpack until I find them and rush back to Atom. I don't really know how these work, but I saw humans use them before. I grab Atom's arm and roll up his sleeve. After that I knot the bandages over the wound (stops the bleeding, but because it is turned in places it doesn't feel too good).

"Are you alright? You should have just run away..."
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:
A New Life - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue240/240A New Life - Page 2 Mana_b11  (240/240)

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 3:14 am

The girl once again displays her powers in full, ending the fight against these beasts, for now. A little stressed out she rushes to my backpack and after throwing out the stuff I sorted out she grabs something and rushes over to me. She grabs my arm and applies the bandages I should her not to long ago. Her job is rather sloppy although I do say so myself and not only that but it stings as well. The adrenaline that was pumping through my body is probably disappearing as the pain should have felt back then is starting to surface. The girl then speaks up, causing me get a bit angry. I take a deep breath, trying not to lash out against her. After calming myself down I gently place my hand upon her shoulder.

"It is not a sin to worry about yourself, once in a while. You should never disregard your life that. I couldn't have lived with myself if I left, knowing you could have died here. So don't go pulling those stunts again, alright?"

With a sincere yet gentle tone I wait for her to answer before letting go. After that I tend back to the wound she tries to mend. Using my free hand and teeth I remove the bandage that she applied. I then walk over to the ointment that she threw out in search for the bandages. I apply the ointment on the cut, as it takes every ounce of willpower not to scream out in pain.

"I appreciate the help, but like this it not gonna help. You need to apply this first to help recover the wound. As for the bandages you have to take your time for it to help. Here let me show"

I offer the rather messy bandages to the girl, offering her to help me apply it.

Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 12:12 pm

As Atom places his hand on my shoulder I brace myself for any punishment for getting him hurt, but he doesn't do anything accept for telling me something. But I don't understand the words he says. What he says is the opposite of what everyone else told me. I am probably understanding it wrong as he does sound pretty irritated. And what exactly does he refer to with "those stunts"? But he seems to be expecting some sort of answer from me and he looks pretty serious about it.

"A-alright..."

After that he starts taking off the bandages again and gets that little bottle from earlier again and explains my mistakes. I made another mistake... I start feeling nauseous from it as I didn't just get him hurt, but I hurt him even more with the so called "help" I tried to offer.

That little bottle is apparently important as well, but it seems to hurt him even more, which makes me curious as for what it does. He then turns to me but instead of yelling at me, as I expected to happen, he gives the bandages to me so I can try again, but this time he explains how they should be applied.

Even though I still feel scared of the upcoming, inevitable punishment for my mistakes I can't help but concentrate on applying the bandages. On one hand because I want to see him healed, but on the other hand I am also fascinated by learning about bandages and with that taking care of humans, but as the applying of the bandages ends again I start to get scared again. I try to stop the feeling as it is my fault for making the mistakes in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 7:42 pm

Not completely satisfied with her answer, I continue asking her aid, after applying the lotion. After giving the girl brief instructions she seems completely emerged. She was panicking last time but now, she seems far more relaxed. Having seemingly calmed down, I can't help but smile through the sudden spikes of pain. The girl seems to take her time this time and her patience pays off. I take a final glance at her work and give an approving nod. Slowly moving my hand, I pat her the hat on top of her head.

"Thank you very much. I guess I owe you know, don't I?!"

I move around the area gathering all the stuff that was thrown out of my bag. It takes a bit longer since, that I would have liked because it is difficult to use one of my arms. With patients, I gather everything and manages to put everything back in. My final stop is the wolf who still has something belonging to me. Using my feet to hold it down I pull the knife clean out of its neck and with a slashing motion some its blood splashes on the ground next to me. After I dust the knife off against it pelt put the knife back under my backpack. I then walk over the girl again.

"That should do it. Say, I don't mean to push you here and I know asked you before, but do you know what those beast were? They looked way to aggressive to be normal wild animals."

As I say that out loud, I start to remember that this mountain is supposedly cursed and this could be it. I'm also a bit curious about her powers, but for I know I think its better to just let it be.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 8:28 pm

As I am waiting for the punishment Atom stretches his hand to me and reaches for my hat. What is he gonna do?! But I try to calm myself down, after causing this much trouble I should accept it.

But he only places his hand on my hat and rubs his hand over it. Was there something on it? But wait what did he say? Before I can process those words I see him gather his stuff. As it is my fault it is all over the place I run towards some of it to grab it and place it near his backpack.

"Don't owe me... It's my fault that you got hurt and because I didn't understand how bandages work or that small bottle I got you even more hurt. I owe you far more..."

After that he asks me about those creatures. Weren't they called dogs or something?

"I once heard people say something like humans did something bad here and that ever since people die when they come here. Maybe those big dogs want revenge for that? They also said something about a god living here, but I don't really know what that means. From the conversation that I heard it sounded like a god is like a father or mother for nature."

I look over at the dogs... Meaning these are a god's children and that we killed them...
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 3:12 am

The girl rushes over placing some of the stuff next to me, while I was retrieving it. I kindly thank her for getting some of my stuff back. Quickly after that, she starts blaming herself for what happened, making me wonder what this girl went through to be like this. Her demeanor, the way she distanced herself from me when we first met, even her appearances, all leave me to believe one thing. I can't help but think of her as a lost child. She did mention before that she lost her parents.

As she starts talking about this place though, my previous thoughts about her don't quite add up. I hard to point out, but the way she says the word "humans" makes it feel like she isn't one at all. Now that I think about it. Not too long ago, she did seem to use some sort of power, saving both our lives after all. Finishing her story she looks over the one the beast we had just slain with a depressing look. I walk over to her in another attempt to comfort her.

"Let say we are even now then. To us, travelers every bit of information is worth a price and with that valuable information you have given me we can call it even. You don't have to ponder about my injuries. Trust me, I've been through a lot worse."

I then too look at the wolf the girl is staring at.

"Everyone of us sins, but we must never take the blame for other people's sin. A true god would understand that so try not to let it bother you. Either way, we should probably start moving again right? Do you know the way off of this mountain?"
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 10:56 am

I don't know if that information was that valuable. I don't know any details about the matter either. I look at his wound again. I feel a bit bad as he says he went through much worse.

"Will you really be alright with that wound? It hurts right?"

I can't help but worry about it. I wish that I learned how to do healing spells, but my parents died before I got to learn that...

"I have sinned a lot, maybe that's why the god is mad. I killed before and got even more humans killed."

I shouldn't have said that. On the other hand he probably realized by now that I am not a normal human being after seeing me use powers like that.

"I know the way somewhat. When I came up here I was just thinking about getting as far away as possible and as I had to go through a forest and was afraid of losing my way I decided to go to the mountain as I could see it while walking through the forest. I think I still know how to get down even though I wasn't thinking clearly while climbing. And as you have a deadline that means you have to be home quick. I will do anything in my power to get you back down. That is if you still want to me to guide you after telling you I am a murderer..."

I point in the direction that I think we need to go and wait from Atom's answer while staring at the ground to avoid eye contact.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 1:54 pm

She seems worried about the wound because she asks me if I'm going to be okay again. To be honest, the wound does sting a lot as pain signals come in waves. Almost as a way to cope with the pain, I try to remind myself of other times I've been through worse. I had my entire body crippled once before after all, so this is papercut levels of injuries compared to that. It would be best to try and ignore the pain and continue my journey, both for her sake as my own.

The girl starts explaining how to get back down. From What I get from her description, it seems to be the same forest that I went through to get up this mountain. Though getting back down to the forest, doesn't exactly spell out progress for me, it a hundred times better than staying here. Quickly after that, she starts talking herself down again and my brain once again goes overtime, spitting out options on how to comfort her.

"Did you kill with malicious intent? Did you kill because you enjoyed it? I'm not saying that killing is a good thing, but sometimes we must do things in order to survive. if this god was really mad at you for killing, wouldn't it be just as mad at any other animal alive? I you really want to make things right then life for their sake. You can even start now. We both killed one of these wolves. So let us never forget what we did and why to steel ourselves for the future."

"I'll start. Today I killed this wolf to protect the life of a girl who was in a dire situation. A girl who may have died if I didn't do what I did."

Though I'm paraphrasing, I can't help but use the same speech someone once told me, when I killed a person. I was shaken en shocked but his words helped me get through it all and all I can do now is hope it will help this girl as well. I stretch out my free hand with a gentle smile.

"Try it, whenever you're ready."
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 2:51 pm

"I don't have a good reason for killing. I just did it because I was asked to. Normally they threaten me telling they would burn the village or some other reason. I doubt they would actually do it, but I don't want to take any risks when it comes to life. Luckily I am not asked that often to do something like that and sometimes I manage to come up with something to takes care that death can be avoided, but that doesn't often work out. Making me kill is the worsed that they can ask me..."

Answering his question about my intention I notice that I am saying too much again. Maybe I am starting to feel more relaxed around him. But is that really alright? I just met him. Not knowing what the right answer is, I start thinking deeper. (Without notice she says it outloud, but in a quiet voice.)

"Living for their sake? Is that really something I have any right to do?"

I think about his words and repeat after him.

"Then, today I killed a... wolf (?)"

Aren't they dogs?

"... in order to protect Atom from harm, eventhough I got him hurt in the end..."
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 3:31 pm

"Hahaha. I don't really see how any of this is your fault. I choose to stay and I choose to fight. But more importantly, you fulfilled your role, right? I standing here, alive, talking to you. And that is without a doubt because of you. If protecting me is important to you, then let that give you the strength to accept that you have killed."

This time I try to laugh it off a bit. Pointing out she did more than I could ask for. She was pointing in the direction we should going earlier and seeing how we haven't moved yet I start walking escaping this cursed mountain. As we start moving again I recall what girl said earlier on how she was told to kill, or probably more forced to do it. She mentioned how she doesn't have any parents left, and whoever it is that has taken care of here forced her to do things she doesn't want to. Is it really alright to leave her alone like this?

"Say, after we leave this mountain why don't you come along with me? I'm sure the people of my village will welcome you and I can promise you that if you don't want to do more killings, we will never force you to."
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Atom starts walking in the direction I pointed and seems to accept that I stay with him for now, so I follow as well. But I almost trip because I wanted to speed up a little as he was a little in front of me. I luckily manage to get back my balance before I am laying on the ground. I keep forgetting that I can't run...

"It sounds nice, but there are people waiting for me. They are probably already looking for me."

I look at the ground while saying those words. It really does sound nice, but there are a lot of reasons why I can't. First the humans I am with will look for me and will attempt everything to find me. They would definetely kill for it. Second if they find me they will bother Atom for it. Third I will bother him even if they miraculously don't find me. Fourth I don't know his village. I don't believe they won't do anything to me as everyone who was nice to me was killed by someone around them, sometimes even by family or close friends I can't risk Atom's life like that. And lastly even though I don't want to imagine it, there is no guarantee I can trust Atom...

"Thanks anyways just the thought means a lot. You need to make your deadline. Do you live close by here?"

I hope he doesn't have to be on his own for too long after leaving this mountain and it is a bad attempt to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 11:39 pm

People waiting for you huh...

Somehow I doubt those people will have the best intentions in mind. She just mentioned how people force her to kill, so does she feel so obligated to go to those very people. Her response seems distance and her face is downcast. It is as if the question hit the wrong nerve. Did I mess up there? If I don't think of something there is a good chance she will simply return to people who will order her to kill. My train of thought gets interrupted though, as the girl suddenly asks a question. I look around knowing full well that the sights don't hold much meaning for me at this moment.

"Not, really. To be honest I had doubts off making the deadline from the very start. I had an eventful journey and I've to lots of places and met many people. I've been through a lot, but because of that, I spent to much time away. I took the mountain path in an attempt to save some time, but that was wishful thinking from the start. Now that we are going back, there is probably no way I will make it back in time."

I take a look at the bandage wrapped around my arm, almost to inspire myself with new courage.

"But even if I don't make it back in time. I will never regret the time I've spent on this journey and the things I've accomplished during it. And I will continue to do what I think needs to be done, even if it more years to do so"
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 12:15 am

"But what will happen if you don't make it? Will you not grow up?"

After that I notice that I am prying and take a bit more distance from him...

"I am sorry! If you don't want to talk about it that is fine!"

Hoping I didn't upset him I wait for a response turning my eyes away from him again.

To be honest I feel a bit jealous as he tells about his journey. I have been alive for much longer, but I haven't seen anything and I barely know anything about the world. However aside from that bit of jealousy I also feel admiration.

"Do you have some stories?"

I ask in a quiet voice, half hoping he would hear and half hoping he wouldn't. While asking that I look in the direction of the village I came from, although it is not visible now, because of the darkness. I will be stuck there for the next coming 20 years at least and after that I will just be placed somewhere else for the next few decenia, repeating that cycle endlessly... I also notice that I instictively am holding my arms and move my fingers over the wounds.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 7:38 pm

" Don't worry about it. If I don't make it? I not sure. The ones that I know about that did the test before me, returned home before they turned 18. Those that didn't either moved to different towns or cities they visited to live their lives there or died on their journey."

When I say it out loud it doesn't seem to feel weird which I thought it would. Maybe it's because it is a common tradition where anything can happen that we've come to terms to accept any outcome. Though quiet, the girl suddenly asks for a story. Did she suddenly become curious? I try to take a look at her, but from our position it is difficult. I silence I try to think of an experience, as I think back on what I've done up till now.

"Let's see.... About 2 months ago, I was resting up in a remote village named Pineford. I stayed over and in return, I helped out with physical labor. I stayed over at an old lady's place, who gave the children of the village education. One day the lady became ill and by coincidence, I was tasked to fill in her shoes. It felt weird at first and I didn't know what to tell them. Stumped, I decided to tell them about other places I had visited before then and how they are different from theirs. The children were surprisingly interested and the day after that I was allowed to do it again. Each day the children's eyes glistened as they listened about the various places around the world. The old lady got better quickly and gave me advice on how to continue teaching. She also took the time to teach me various things as well. Nina, Larissa, Rick, Camillo, Daniel, Manon, Mark, I will not soon forget the children's names. After three weeks I had to say goodbye, as the rest of my journey was waiting for. I pained me to leave but deep down I knew it wasn't going to be a farewell."
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 9:48 pm

I feel a bit worried about what he tells me about not making the deadline. If no one came back that didn't make the deadline I can only reach two conclusions. A) A very whole lot of them die or B) they are not allowed to go back. Then will Atom be kicked out of his village?!

After that Atom answers my question about stories from his journey. I feel like invading his privacy by asking about this. I was always told to not ask questions and just do what I am told and nothing more, but having a chance of hearing about the outside world sounds too good too. I always wanted to know what the rest of world was like. So can I be allowed to be a little selfish? I am willing to accept any punishment for it.

I can't help it but listen closely and feeling very content and being excited for every next sentence of what he says. I try to see it all in front of me, traveling the world, meeting all kinds of people and seeing all kinds of places.

But just as he is about to end I notice that we almost down en I see the stony ground turning to sand from the forest in the near distance. And the happiness I just felt slowly disapears.

"So this is the end..."

"Don't you think I will let you go."

Suddenly between us and the start of the forest a giant wolf appears. It is at least twice as big as the others and seems far stronger. This is not something I beat with my powers...
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 11:52 pm

I reach the end of my story and as if it was timed, we also reach the summit of the mountain. A strange sense of relief falls over me. I can't really explain why, but simply the soft ground beneath my feet seems to remove some tension for me. I sigh a small breath of relief now that we escaped the supposed cursed mountain unscathed. I glance over my arm and can't help but chuckle inside. Almost unscathed.

I look over to the girl who seems somewhat disappointed that we arrived. I try to reach out for her, but a sudden voice startles me. I turn to the sound of a voice and my eyes widen in terror looking what reveals itself from the shadows of the trees. Another wolf shows up, this time even bigger than the last we've encountered. What's even crazier is that this one seems to be able to talk. Our situation looks grim but I try to think of a positive spin to it all. If it can talk I might be able to convince it not to attack as those others did. Holding on to a plan that probably has next to zero chance of success, I speak up.

"I take it you aren't going to pretend you haven't seen us and let pass, do you? Why are you so eager to get us anyway?"

Knowing how it will probably resolve anyway, I can't help but crack a joke (a bad one) as a way of dealing with the situation.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 9:41 pm

It seems that after Atom's remark makes the wolf is only more mad. It start growling really loudly.

"As I see, humans really don't have any respect for nature anymore. You think you really are something, don't you? But I won't let humans destroy nature ever again!"

I notice that instictively I am standing in front of Atom again in an attempt to protect him, but even I know that that is not gonna help. Even though I am not a human it doesn't seem to matter to the wolf, either that or he didn't notice that.

The moment it stops talking it goes on the offense. In order to not get hit I jump to the side moving Atom with me, causing the wolf to hit the side of the mountain, but it doesn't seem to hurt him at all. Instead it causes the ground to shake. When he turns around I also see that he the wall is shattered. Is this is way to strong.

"We can't beat it like this we will have to trap it so it can calm down and if it won't calm down we can..."

I don't want to say the word.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 10:21 pm

The wolf snaps at my words as it starts growling at us. I guess I should have expected that, but what's weird is that it mentioning how humans are supposedly destroying nature. That's odd. As far as I know, that is far from the truth, yet this one seems quite convinced. Before I can even respond I pulled to the side by the girl, who moved in front of me. The sudden movement causes the world to spin before my hands as it takes a few seconds to adjust. Once I get back on my feet I take a look at where we were seconds ago. It's safe to say we wouldn't be here if the girl didn't move us, seeing the destruction caused. Before I can even think it, the girl quickly confirms my fear, in that she probably won't be able to take this one down with her power.

"Beat it!? We should be lucky to get out here alive. But maybe this helps... for now. Get ready!"

With my spare hand, I reach inside an open part of my backpack where I store emergency supplies. This is as good as an emergency gets. I put out two sphere-like containers. With a large arc, I throw one of the containers near the wolf waiting 5 seconds. The container explodes releasing a large amount of gas that spreads around the area. After five seconds pass I throw the other near us.

"Sorry about this."

I grab the girl's hand I as try to make a run for it. Outrunning it will most likely be impossible but I should be able to get some distance. Using trees for cover I try to make an effort not to run in a straight line and after a decent distance, I stop near a larger tree take cover. Making sure the girl is covered as well I place my finger on my mind indicating she shouldn't make a sound.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 11:31 pm

As I try to get ready to try a bad attempt at fighting back Atom suddenly gets something from his backpack. I don't understand anything that he does, but he throws an sphere-shaped object at the enemy wolf from which gas emits. After that he apologizes, but before I can ask what for he grabs my hand and starts running.

But it only takes a few steps to feel a sharp pain from my ankles. I hold my free hand in front of my mouth trying to not making any sounds. I don't want the enemy to find us, but I also don't want to distract Atom. The pain easily becomes unbearable. I don't know how I did it, but I manage to not fall down until Atom hides us behind a large tree. But as we stand still I fall on my knees and after that I fall over completely. I feel like losing conciousness. I takes everything in my power to stay awake, but I feel completely diconnected with reality.

I have to get up! I am causing even more problems for Atom. I try to get back up, but I have no understanding anymore of what is the front or the back. I grab my ankles as if I am asking them to start working again. Focus! Focus! I can't let him do this alone!
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 11:57 pm

The smoke of the bombs I used slowly starts to dispatch. Now is the moment of truth. Those were my last bombs, meaning we won't get a better chance at getting away again. Whatever happens, we can't allow the wolf to find us now. As I try to signal the girl to stay quiet she suddenly tumbles down to the ground. Shocked to see her suddenly collapse, I bow down in a panic to see what happened. I get conflicted wanting to ask what's wrong, being fully aware that speaking could end up getting us caught. She seems in agony as she grabs her ankles. I can't help but wonder what happened to be in this much pain from simply running. I gently place my hand on her shoulder trying to comfort, however little it may be of effect.

It doesn't take long before I hear the deafening howl through the forest as my attention somewhat shifts again. I quickly remember the other crucial thing I was supposed to do as cold sweat drips from my back as I can only hope I'm not too late now. I pull out whatever grass and plant I can find and frantically start rubbing myself with. Seein the girl still writhe in agony I steel myself mentally and rub some other fresh looking plants on her as well., before placing my bag down and looking for stuff that can help her ease the pain.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 11:16 am

I don't have time for this, I think when I vaguely hear the howl of the wolf. I slowly start to get back parts of my senses and notice that something is touching me. Is it Atom? I try to concentrate on my surroundings and slowly I start to get a feeling of reality, but it is still pretty vague. I have to ignore the pain for now, it will go away due time. I try to observe what Atom is doing, now that I can see him a little again. I see he is getting something from his bag, but I can't fully see what it is.

I should help him. I try to get up, but I quickly notice that my ankles can't support my weight at all causing me to fall back to the ground. No, not now! I try again, but the result doesn't change. Why doesn't this work?! Why can I only cause trouble?! One more try.

(She will keep trying to stand up until Atom stops her.)

I then hear the wolf getting closer by another howl it makes. I doesn't seem to have found us yet and in my current condition I can't make a guess as for the distance there is between us and the wolf, but if we don't do anything we will be found sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 7:35 pm

With the contents of my bag all mixed, it takes a while to find what I am looking for. Added, the additional stress of our lives being in danger I feel a little bit of relief to find a small folded piece of paper. I now turn back to the girl who seems to push herself again, trying to get up. It pains me to see her struggle like that so I push her down as I shake my head trying to sign her not to push herself. I open the colorful looking folded paper and reveal a white powder. It a pain reliever I got from one of the towns that I visited. They said that it works slowly, but I should be pretty potent.

As I'm busy caring for the girl I hear the wolf getting closer, adding to the tension. The thought of it having figured out our location constantly crosses my mind. I shake my head as a way to rid myself of distraction and pour the powder over the girl's ankles. Then I get closer to her ear so I can whisper in a soft voice.

"Please stay put and let the medicine do its work"

With that, I distance myself for her again I give a final look. I give a gentle small before grabbing for my knife attached my backpack. I take a deep breath preparing myself mentally. Let's do this. Making sure the wolf isn't looking in this direction I jump out hiding racing away from our hiding place. After making sure I got enough distance and the road between and the wolf isn't in line where the girl is, I yell out.

"OVER HERE! Sorry about that earlier, but I can't let you harm that girl. If you want to make someone responsible for what humans did you can take me."
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 8:32 pm

As I try to stand up I suddenly get pushed down and now that I can see a bit again I see Atom shaking his head signaling that I should give up. After that he takes something and puts it on my ankles, meaning he saw the wounds on my legs as well... That doesn't matter now. There has to be something that I can do.

He then runs off. But that is dangerous. What is he gonna do? I still can't see well on distances. But I then hear him yell something. Is he gonna attract his attention?

But it seems to work the wolf notices him and runs his way. As he is that big I can even see him in this state. Making me all the more nervous. I can't see Atom anymore as he got too far away, but the wolf gets pretty close to where I am, but it just so happens to be the route it takes to get to Atom. As it rushes by I feel it's immense strength once more. There is no way Atom can beat that. Is there nothing I can do?

Neutral POV

The wolf follows it's way to Atom and takes a stand in front of him.

"So you finally show yourself. I don't care what you think of that girl, but I will kill any human that sets foot on this mountain. So don't worry after I get rid of you that girl will follow you soon."

It then leaps forward ready to attack Atom.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2018 11:57 pm

The wolf's presence is immense as to be expected and seeing it up front again it is indeed intimidating. But regardless I steeled myself for this and I'm ready. I take a deep breath and move the knife in front of me. The wolf speaks once more before leaping in for an attack. His words sounds quite vengeful but it is especially that last part that ticks me off the most. The moment it moved It moves I don't hesitate for a second and jump to the far right as I can. I'm in luck as its attacks are pretty straightforward making it easier to dodge. After landing I quickly set myself up again to take another jump, waiting for its next attack. The wolf, however, needs time to turn and I take that opportunity to say my piece.

"I'll make sure you won't ever get that chance. This isn't the mountains anymore..."

Trying to sound somewhat intimidating myself the wolf doesn't pay it any mind and turns around to attack again, before letting me finish. This time, before it attacks, I mark the ground with my knife before jumping the right this time. I quickly gather my footing and run towards a nearby tree, marking it with my knife before facing the wolf again, waiting for its next attack.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Life
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Kingdom RP :: RP Area :: Simulation Realm-
Jump to: