Eternal Kingdom RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Kingdom RP

A site for casual role playing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A New Life

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tempest

Tempest

Amount of messages : 269
Gold : 1914
Date of registration : 2012-10-24

Character sheet
Power: Earth Gear
Mana Capacity:
A New Life - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue240/240A New Life - Page 4 Mana_b11  (240/240)

A New Life - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 3:03 am

Apparently, Milly seems distracted as well, as she too talks a bit absent-minded. Still aimlessly searching for unknown treats, I'm suddenly pulled along by my arm behind a larger tree. Milly was looking in the direction we were walking before she turns to me, mentioning we have arrived at the village entrance. Discreetly I catch a glimpse of the village, only to notice much of village, to begin with. Having seen so many places I thought I had seen it all but I was wrong. The village seems way too quiet, despite us being this close.

Milly offers to get supplies for me taking away my reason for visiting the village in the first place. She lays out her "plan" as I'm instructed to leave in case she doesn't return. I not sure what is going on here, but I what I "do" know, is that me leaving Milly by herself isn't going to happen. Knowing she will probably argue if I say anything to prevent her from going I simply nod affirming her course of action. I watch Milly walk to the village by herself and after making sure I can properly hide I set out to scavage some stuff from nearby trees. Branches, stones, and leaves whatever I can find and carry I grab to set myself up.

After getting enough of what I need to wiggle my way up a large tree. After stuffing some of the collected stuff inside my backpack I somehow manage to get myself up. After securing myself on a steady looking branch I finally manage to get a better view of the village. At first, the village felt like a ghost town, but just barely I manage to spot some people inside of their home. The differences in houses kind of remind me of a capital I once visited. As if to remind myself of my objective I shake my head and then focus back to Milly who is entering the village.
Back to top Go down
https://eternal-kingdom.rpg-board.net
One-Winged-Cat

Amount of messages : 173
Gold : 0
Date of registration : 2018-09-12

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 10:38 am

I am happy to see that Atom agrees at least. I can't get him to be harmed. Then I start walking around the village making sure to not be seen.

I have to make a plan first. There are two options at this point. Either I go to the houses of the guards or I go home and look for something there. It would probably be easier to get something from the guards as their houses are smaller and most of them don't know who I am. But I can absolutely not be spot by one of the guards that does know me. I still remember last time something like that happened. The whole village was burned to a crisp. I can't let that happen. Maybe taking the risk and taking something from my home is better after all.

I slowly walk in that direction while hiding in the shadows. There are only few people out, but only one has to find me to get in big trouble. But then I notice a potential crucial mistake in my plan... my hat. It is too big and stands out even if I hide and even though the bells on it are small and don't make too much noise it could potentially get me caught. As I was still close to the forest I go back there.

I can't succeed while carrying it... I take my hat off and hold it in my hands. I don't know if I can return here and get it back, besides animals could damage it or take it... but I can't do anything for Atom with it. However after a long inner debate I decide that I have to repay Atom for everything even if it means potentially losing my hat. I have to just come back quickly then it will be alright... right? I also take the ribbon with the bell out of my hair and put it in the hat and I hide them in the bushes. I keep looking back and forth from the village and the bushes making sure I won't forget the hiding spot. After I am sure that I know it I go back to the village, but I can't help but look back a few times.

As I get back in the village I start feeling a bit nauseous... The idea of failing and leaving Atom without supplies on his own and the chance of never seeing my hat again prevent me from thinking clearly. I have to focus! Still trembling I manage to get to the house where I came from. I walk around it and luckily a window seems to be open. After confirming that there is no one in there I go in.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:
A New Life - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue240/240A New Life - Page 4 Mana_b11  (240/240)

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 9:34 pm

In high alert I watch over the village, scouting the area while trying to keep an eye on Milly. Although she entered the village she quickly returns back to the forest. Confused as to why she went back I shift my focus to Milly, while attention to the village fades. Watching Milly I notice how her hands are placed on the hat she is wearing, as I'm beginning to understand why she went back. That hat stands out a lot it also worries me that she needs to be stealthy just to get in her own village. Milly standing still seeming somewhat hesitant leaving her hat behind. That hat did mean a lot to her after all. Some time passes before Milly eventually decide to leave her hat behind and make another attempt at entering the village.

Meanwhile, I've been busy with my preparation, checking to see what I'm doing every once in a while. My hands are moving almost automatically because the steps have been drilled into my mind by Ashley over and over again. I take a couple of the longer and sturdier branches and keep them together. Covering them with leaves and plants, before wrapping it up with a sturdier rope. The with moist of the leaves and plants attached to it, it becomes a bit more flexible as a whole. After making sure the frame is secure and strong enough I search the contents of back once again. This time I pull a rubbery string I got from Ashely as a keep safe. Attaching the string to both ends of the frame I complete my makeshift bow. I then quickly move over the leftover branches to make arrows. I attach the sharp looking rocks to the ends of each branch. Feeling the pressure of time, I skip over polishing each branch and instead simply remove any side branch to make it more straight. The leftover branches aren't enough, however, and I end up cutting some of the sides branches of the log I'm sitting on to compensate.

Halfway through the arrow making process, I spot a villager almost spotting Milly, as she enters a house before the villager can actually see her. I feel a sense of relief, as I doubt those good things will happen if she is spotted. Finally finished with my bow and arrow preparation I nock up three arrow at the same time. I figured that since I'm not using real arrows, using three at the same time, increases my chance of at least one firing off correctly. I take a deep breath and draw the arrows while standing steady, waiting for Milly to show herself again. I prepare myself mentally to be ready to shoot down anyone that could endanger Milly.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 12:27 am

(I forgot to state last time that the house she went into is the biggest house that could be found in the village)

I have never really wandered around here for that long, so I will have to look around for a bit. The room I entered is the library of what I heard this room isn't used often, although I don't understand why not. I can't read well, but if I could I would lock myself up here for days. No getting distraced! I cross the large room to the other side and make it to the door. I first try to put my ear to the door to listen if there is someone on the other side and after confirming there is not I open the door and end up in one of the big corridors. There are so many doors, but which ones lead to the places with food? I get more nervous by the minute. I have never sneaked around anywhere and then the first time is with so much at risk.

I keep opening doors after making sure there is no one in. Maybe there is no one home? But the moment I think that I hear footsteps. Of course it wasn't going to be easy... I open the door that is closest and get in. I try to hold my breath which I noticed was getting out of controle. I can't get caught here! The footsteps are getting closer I need to hide. I look around to see where I ended up. And as if my luck wasn't bad already I see that I ended up in 'his' room. This is the worst place in the whole entire house to be at this moment. I quickly hide in the closet as I hear the doorknob. He then enters the room. It seems he was talking with a guard that is in the house as well, but the guard was just about to go home, or at least away from 'him'. As a way to say goodbye 'he' yells one more thing at the guard.

"Make sure you find her! I won't tolerate you taking another day for such an easy task!"

I don't know if he was talking about me, but I prefer to not find that out. I then sits behind the desk in his room and grabs one of the books there, meaning I can't leave for the time being. What do I do now?
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 2:10 am

The house Milly went into is big so it will probably take a while before she gets out. From outside here not only can't I see what is happening to Milly or anything in general, but it is impossible to properly help her out. Because Milly is out of my field of view I explore the layout of the rest of the village. There seem to be regular dirt roads connecting the houses, with some space left between each and every one of them. Houses are clearly grouped together showing of a clear separation between rich and poor. As for the citizens. I'm completely sure I'm seeing it right from this distance, but every once and now I seem to spot some people near the windows. If that is the case at the very least that would mean the village isn't as deserted as I thought. The streets are mostly empty with the exception of a few armored and armed men patrolling. I'm not a real marksman and with arrows like these, I would be likely to even hit a target from this distance. Those armors, however, will make it almost impossible to even get in a lucky shot.

I wait several minutes to see if anything happens, but no dice. Realizing that staying here probably won't help anyone, I relax the tension of the bow and try to think of another plan. Looking around to see if I could use something, it finally dawn on me that Milly left something behind that could prove useful. A grin appears on my face as a small plan is formed inside my head.

I strap the arrow to my backpack and put the bow away over my shoulder, before carefully climbing down the tree. Seeing how I still have not been spotted I'd say the citizens aren't too concerned with issues that are happening outside of their village. That a good thing in my case, but I can't afford to become sloppy. I carefully sneak to the place Milly left her hat behind. Lucky for me I manage to reach the bush Milly hid her hat away, without being seen, as I carefully uncover it. I then notice a chord with a bell attached to it to which I can't help but laugh on the inside. I'm quite fortunate for this will make the plan work even better. I pick the bell and carefully move closer to the village.

Normally I would have set up some traps, but since time is a crucial factor I decide to focus on leading people outside of the village first and deal with them as they get out. After making sure I'm close enough without being seen I ring the bell twice. The sound isn't that loud, but since the street is quite silent it couldn't have gone by unnoticed. After confirming someone inside the village had noticed the sound I put on the hat, after apologizing to Milly inside my head. I then go to a spot a little further back behind a larger tree, the spot Milly, pulled me behind not too long ago. I stab the point of the bow into the ground and the place the hat on top of the other end, making sure a part of the hat, would be visible if someone were to walk past it.

I then hide behind another tree not to far away waiting for someone to take the bait, while I pull out the knife from underneath my backpack. Milly mentioned she ran away so surely someone must still be looking for her and thus should recognize that hat. Even if they didn't that hat alone in the forest outside there secluded village would surely spark some curiosity.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 pm

Finally 'he' stands up, but instead of going away his footsteps suddenly sound like they are getting closer. I hold my hand for my mouth and pray with all my might that he goes away. I then hear the sound of his hand grabbing the handle of the closet door.

But then I suddenly hear a lot of noise from outside. The guards seem to have noticed something. Are we attacked again? And as if luck finally found me 'he' seems to have noticed it as well and instead of opening the closet door he walks outside.

What just happened? After making sure 'he' is gone I get out and go into the hallways. Atom might be in danger. Maybe they found him and that is why there is so much noise outside. On the other hand now that I found his room I think I know where I can find supplies for Atom.

I think I am going to trust Atom for now. If it gets dangerous he should just run away as far as he can. I rush to the kitchen and look around. I don't really know where I can find what, so it takes a bit of time to find everything. I finally find some cans with food. They are easy to stack so I can take more and maybe Atom was carrying cans because he likes them. I look around hoping to find something to carry it with. I can't carry much on my own. Luckily I find a big table cloth. I put as many cans of food and bottles of water in it as I can still carry. And during my search for the table cloth I also spotted some medicine bottles as Atom was carrying together with some bandages. I have absolutely no clue what kind of medicine it is but I take some of them. He should be able to keep going for a few days with all this. It is too bad I can't carry more than this, but it is hopefully enought for him to reach the next village. I throw the self-made bag over my shoulder and start looking for the exit. Please stay safe Atom!

Neutral POV:

The first guard that hears it doesn't seem to react a lot to the sound of the bell, but as he got curious in the end he walks up to another guard to explain what he just heard. This second guard however gives a strong reaction and immediately gets some more guards.

"Go find out where those bells come from and bring back the owner alive!"

After that the guards try to run after the bell sound and find the owner.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 7:06 pm

Having waited for quite some time I was starting to wonder if I should go back to try ringing the bell again. Almost ready to go back again I suddenly hear the sound of metal and small voices. So they did notice. I take a deep breath waiting for someone to come. The sounds keep getting louder, indicating they are getting closer. I quickly realize that there was one thing I didn't take into account. By the sound of it, it seems more soldiers are on their way, then I was expecting. Really!? That many, come to investigate the sound of a single bell. Maybe they recognize the sound is from Milly, or maybe they are expecting an attack. Too many possibilities come to mind, for me to properly go through as I need to act fast.

I grab one of the arrows I strapped against my backpack and move away from the hat I placed as bait. I tie the rope to one arrow before letting it fly with all my might in an alternate direction. I need to divide first. Hopefully, the rope will catch their attention. I then make a quick sound with the bell once more before putting it away, inside a pocket. Next, I move back to the hat, that I left on display. Before I a chance to remove it, I notice two guards approaching the hat already. The good news is that it's only two of them but sadly the bad news is that I didn't have a proper chance to set an ambush. I'll just have to improvise. I move my knife in front of me setting myself up for an attack.

The guards seem somewhat hesitant to go in, giving me an opportunity to attack. As stealthy as I can, I approach the back guard from the rear. While covering his mouth, I shove my knife cleanly below his breastplate (or neck, if the armor covers their entire waist). Not waiting for a second too long I to the other side of the tree, while making sure to drop the now lifeless body to the ground. The sound of his comrade falling to the ground startles the second guard as he turns around to see what happened. His shock of his comrade is shortlived as I take the opportunity to strike. Moving as fast as I can I move around the tree to get the other guard from behind as well as I move the knife next to his neck.

"Make a sound and you'll join him. Now drop your weapon and follow me."

(If he complies, I carefully move him further away from sight, as I grab the bow and hat with my free hand. If he doesn't I will cleanly cut his next after which I will move over my hand over his mouth, before grabbing my bow and the hat to move someplace else)
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 12:06 pm

As it seems quiet inside at least I just open the first door I see looking for a window to escape from as the kitchen doens't have any windows. When I spot a window I drop the bag I made and open up the window. I first take a peek to see if I can find it. Quite a few of the guards seem to be gone. Where are they? Some are still here, but they have their guard up, so they can react quickly if something happens. That doesn't make escaping easy and the cans that I have to take with me make sound as well when I move. I get back inside and start looking for other exits where there are no guards.

After walking for a bit I notice that most guards are on the side where Atom should be and that on the other side there are only very few of them. Was Atom spotted? I have to go look immediately. I rush outside. I run over to the side where Atom is. When I get closer I hide the supplies in the forest. I hope I can get everything back later that I have hidden later. My hat and the supplies are both now on others sides of the village. But that isn't important right now. I need to get to Atom and see if he is the reason the guards are acting like this.

Neutral POV:

The guards divide so they can cover a bigger area. The guard that Atom is threatening gives in immediately without a fight and drops his weapon and follows Atom. He looks very scared and nods confirming he is willing to do anything that Atom asks of him. However some of the other guards are getting closer to this place as well. The higher ups keep giving orders that the others should find the owner of the bell while keeping themselves out of harms way.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 12:02 am

"An effective soldier is one who can discard his emotion once in the field. Never stop because of the possibility of death. Never tremble because of the thoughts of killing. Only fear the impact of your failure."

In my travels, I've never been scolded as harshly as he did, but in situations like these I can't help but cling onto his words. I keep repeating that phrase inside my head as a way to push myself forward. Here I was naively thinking I wouldn't ever have to kill someone again. I take short breaths, yet they are quiet. Despite still carrying my backpack, I hardly feel any weight.

As the first guards fall down to the ground I move over to the second. His willingness to surrender so quickly is odd but works in my favor as I take him further away from where I left false signals. I realize that with these numbers it will be difficult to stay put in one place for long. Once I satisfied with the distance and after making sure we are mostly out of side I start speaking again in a small voice.
I move my knife closer to his neck just enough for it not to draw his blood. As I too move in closer.

"We don't have much time to answer my question and you will live. Why are so many of you out here? Why are the streets of your town empty? Do you know someone named Milly?"

Even though I know I don't have a lot of time, I can't help but bombard the man with questions. At the same time, I try to make sure ask any leading questions that could lead to manufactured answers. Even though I try to stay calm I can't help but be on edge, rapidly shifting my eyes to every direction to make sure I'm not ambushed myself.

Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 11:43 am

I slowly get closer to the area where the guards are. I immediately look for Atom, but he isn't at the spot where I left him. Maybe he already gave up because I took too long? Somewhere I am hoping that is the case. There really are a lot of guards. Why would there be this many? There might be an attack. That is the only logical conclusion I can find now. If they had just spot Atom I doubt they would get out with this many. I sign of relieve before I realize that he might gotten caught up in this attack.

I move through the forest while trying to stay out of sight. However I can't seem to find what they are after. There are guards everywhere limiting my movements. All of the guards are fully concentrating on finding whatever they are after leaving no opening to sneak through.

I have to get them away from Atom if he really is at the center. If they find him he will be surrounded easily when positioned like this. If it appears to be an attack and that Atom isn't involved I will take care of that later. How do I get their attention? I don't have anything on me that makes enough sound and I don't want to just go screaming. I still can't be found.

I then remember a trick I learned a long time ago from my parents, but I haven't done it in ages so I don't even know if I can still do it. I grab a small leave from the ground and place it against my mouth. At first I can't get any sounds to appear, but after a few tries it feels like I did it just yesterday. A gentle whistle spreads out over the forest. I feel myself calming down from the sound as it brings back many good memories, but I quickly realized that this is not the time for that and start moving from the place again. As I can't run I have a huge disavantage so I have to start moving away as quickly as possible.

Neutral POV:

The guard that is caught by Atom still comes across as extremely scared and starts talking immediately after Atom starts questioning him.

"We are out here because the chief told us to capture whoever is out here. That is the only reason."

For the second question his eyes turn a bit softer, a bit sad even.

"Everyone is inside, because they are scared of the people outside. Afraid they will hurt them or take their food which isn't uncommon to happen. The strong devour the weak. And... Milly you said? I don't think I have heard that name before in the village."

When he answers the last question he seems genuinly confused.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 9:12 pm

In the shadows of the trees, I hold my knife close to the guard's neck. His reactions remind me of how citizens would react, in similar situations. He doesn't seem quite fit to be a guardsman. It makes me wonder, why this man become a guard in the first place. Either way, his lack of resolve is helping me out as he answers my questions without hesitation. The information it gives, however, is rather confusing. I can't afford to waste time with him, however, as I quickly make the next move.

"I appreciate the information. Unfortunate I can't afford to let you stay awake, for now."

I lift my knife and with brute force strike the guards neck with the back of the knife's handle. I aim for the sensitive spot so he can pass out in an instant. With that I too retreat back into the shadows of the forest, creating some distance between the guard and myself. I then try to go over the information I just received. These people are sent out to get the person out here. As far as I can tell however I'm the only one out here, yet a large group has been sent out for a nobody like me. Or maybe it's Milly they are after? It was her bell after all, that I used to get their attention. But the guard mentioned he didn't know anyone by the name of Milly. Then the pieces fall into place, as I realize that Milly, might be in more danger then I thought.

I notice that I'm also running out of luck, as I hear footsteps approaching from more directions now. It seems that simply running isn't going to work anymore. I look up as I stand next to a tree. Going through my available options I decide that going up is the best way to avoid confrontations for the time being.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2018 10:44 pm

I hear footsteps getting closer. I hope that if it is Atom they were after that this gives him an opening. However I quickly notice that it isn't everyone that comes after me. Some stay put looking for clues there. As long as Atom has an opening to escape than that will hopefully be enough.

I try whistling using the leave once more hoping it would attract more people. It does indeed guide a few more pairs of footsteps this way, but they are still smart enough to not all go rushing over in my way. However I notice that it is a bit more than I can deal with. I have to hide, but there aren't many hiding places here. I try to stay out of vision using the trees, but a tree isn't a proper hiding spot, so I can't keep going like this. No matter far I walk away I don't see anything, just trees. This isn't looking good and they are catching up as they are way faster than I am. On the other hand it might not be the worsed. I didn't hide the supplies that well, so there is a chance that he will find them and be able to continue his trip. And I was planning on going back home anyways...

As I will be found anyways I can better try to get as many of the guards over here as I can. I stop in my tracks and start whisteling once more. This time as loud as I can.

Neutral Pov:

The guard that Atom was talking to looks Atom in the eyes one last time with a panicked look, no, more than that he fears for his life, before losing conciousness and falling to the ground.

Part of the guards go in the direction of the sound of a high whistle sound taking care that Atom isn't fully surrounded anymore. However not all guards follow the sound. After a little while the whistle can be heard again and after that one final time, louder than the other times.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 1:59 am

As I start to climb op the tree I suddenly hear a unique sound coming from the distance. At first, I figured that I must have imagined it. It's didn't sounded like it came from nature itself, nor from the guards scouting the forest. This time, the same sound seems far louder than before. I stop halfway to the top of the tree as I also notice that the sounds of approaching guardsmen are slowly fading. They must be going to the source of that sound. It then takes a while for to fully realize that that source can only be one person if the guardsmen suddenly go towards the sound.

"That idiot!"

On impulse I shout, disregarding my plan for cover out as I jump off the tree. After a small delay from the pressure hitting the ground I dash out running for the source of the sound. Although I try to stay outside of the obvious walking paths, I make far less of an effort into staying hidden as I hope I can make it before I can get ambushed.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2018 12:06 pm

Knowing that I can't get away I just stand still waiting for the guards to find me and putting an end to this trip. I have ignored what I should be doing for long enough now. I had enough fun. I don't know if that goes for Atom as well. It wasn't like it was just a fun trip. A lot of stuff happened on the way of this short trip, but in the end it was fun to me. But as Atom said I shouldn't lie to myself, I shouldn't pretend to be human while I am not. After a short while three guards show up in front of me, but I don't recognize any of them and by the look on their faces I can see that they don't recognize me either, but I do recognize the voice of their leader that is shouting the orders. He is a good friend of 'him'. The three guards that found me shout back at their leader.

"We found a girl here!"

While shouting they take a offensive stand, pointing their weapons to me waiting for orders. They are all kinds of different weapons. They just handle whatever the village got their hands on. Spears, swords anything. Even though I don't know pretty much anything of the world I often heard the names of weapons around me. A knowledge that I'd rather not to have. However I just stand there showing them that I don't plan to fight. I am not supposed to fight humans after all. But before an order I hear another shout from other guards through the forest.

"We found a boy here! He is trying to escape!"

A boy! Atom? As if someone just threw cold water over me I feel reawakened and put up my guard. I can't let him get caught by these guys. And finally the orders that they have to obey by can be heard through the forest.

"Do whatever with the boy, but get the girl to me alive!"

Neutral POV:

As Atom isn't hiding anymore two of the guards spot him and warn the others, while three of them wait for orders on what to do with Milly. The two guards try to stop Atom, but won't attack him before they get orders. Giving Atom a chance to get away from them if he wants, but if he gets spot again by other guards after the orders can be heard they will attack him.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2018 3:39 am

I rushing through the forest as fast as I can. I wasn't expecting much but it seems that I'm discovered even faster than I initially thought. Some of the guards seeing me run by yell out to their comrades. Though the trees provide a decent cover as I run past them, with them now knowing I'm out here, completely ruins my element of surprise. When it comes to fighting, I should be able to take these guards, based on my experience with the last two. The problem now, however, is that there are too many of them. Not only that but if some chief is ordering them, there is a good chance that person "can" fight, which would be bad.

The guards that spotted hardly seem to give chance but it doesn't take long before the sound of an order, suddenly crosses the forest. What scares me the most is that this command also mentions a girl. Running towards the sound I try my best to make at least some preparations. Every now and then I run across a guard, who is out to attack me. They lack a proper tactic and luckily with little effort I'm able to fend them off. Throwing leftover stones, shooting arrows, or simply pretending to throw my dagger distracts them long enough for me to run past them.

It doesn't take long before I come the person that seems to have given the order from before. This person seems far more composed than the other guards I've come across so far and this one seems more geared up for combat. I tense up a bit as I hold my knife in front of me as cold sweat drips down from my face.
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2018 11:26 pm

The guards notice that I get restless suddenly. They seem a bit reluctant as they don't know whether I can fight or not. For a few seconds they just point their weapons to me. While they are doing that I look around me a bit without getting them out of sight to see if I can get away somewhere. I can't fight humans after all, but I need to get Atom to safety if he is caught in this mess. But as I prepare to quickly move to the right of me, hoping that I can be quick enough without being able to run, I suddenly feel a hit between my neck and shoulder and topple over on the ground. I try to see what hit me and then I notice a fourth guard showed up behind me and hit me with his hand. Because of the hit I can't focus my vision and everything became hazy. I look at the guard, he looks slightly uncomfortable. I bet his plan was to knock me out, but he didn't hit the right spot. After standing a bit bewildered for a few seconds he crouches down to me and hits me again, turning everything in front of me black...

Neutral POV:

The chief in front of Atom first takes a look at him to see who it is he has standing in front of him. Trying to figure out whether the person in front of him is a threat or not.

"So you dare to raise a knife to me? You really think you are worth that much?"

In case Atom still has Milly's hat on him:

He then shifts his eyes to the hat in Atom's possesion.

"So you are the one that took her. If you are smart you hand her back over to us. You have no clue with what kind of monster you're dealing with. Let us take care of that for you."

In case Atom left the hat somewhere:

"Are you the one that is making all that noise with those bells? You better tell me the reason for that quick or you will have to pay for wasting my time."

In both cases he will have two guards stand in front of him to protect him. These guards seem far less strong then the chief himself this is mostly because both of them seem pretty nervous. They both raise their weapon towards Atom. One has a spear and the other a short sword.

In the meantime, the guard that knocked Milly unconscious lifts her over his shoulder and comes walking towards where the chief and Atom are at the moment. The other guards that where with the guard that is carrying Milly go back into the forest to the place where the guards shouted that they found Atom earlier.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 4:28 am

As I thought this man seems far more composed than any of the guards I've encountered so far. He doesn't seem all too worried and simply observes me. His voice is low in tone and carries a huge pressure with it. It almost takes up all my willpower not to flinch and stay strong. He eyes then shift towards the hat, I've been carrying on top of my backpack, after which he speaks up again. Seeing how I'm carrying her property it isn't surprising that he would think that I have Milly somewhere, but it is the rest that bothers me.

"I didn't take her. She left on her own because she clearly was missing out on things you weren't giving her here. Also, the only monsters I see are the lot of you. After all, you are willing to send out this many people for basically kidnapping a little girl."

The man doesn't seem amused as two more guards show up. They posture look similar to the guards I face moments ago, making we again wonder why they even try. At this point, however, I don't have much room for errors, as I try my best to focus on what's ahead of keeping my knife firmly in hand.
After some silence in suspense, the tension is cut short as another guard suddenly show up. A small rush of panic hits me as I notice that the guard is carrying Milly over his shoulder. Losing some of my self restrained I shift over to equipping my bow and drawing two arrows.

"This will be my first and final warning. I will not allow you to force her to be somewhere where she doesn't want to be. Let her go now!"
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Neutral POV:

The two guards take care that they are in between Atom and the chief protecting him with their lives even though they don't seem very commited. And their armor seems far weaker than that of the chief. The chief looks at Atom thinking about what he does and does not want to tell to Atom.

"Little girl? I don't know what she has been telling you, but she is not a little girl. That monster has been in possession of this village for over 100 years and when we got our hands on it it looked exactly the same as now. It is immortal or at least can't die of old age. Our village is in charge of restraining it. We have to protect the world of that thing."

The guard that carries Milly seems uncertain as he sees the arrows being pointed at him and the rest and seems to think about letting her go, but after looking at the chief again he seems more afraid of the chief than of Atom and holds on to her in the end.

"That thing is dangerous for the world. It doesn't matter what it wants to do itself. Don't be fooled by that creature. It isn't human to begin with, so pitying is unnecessary."
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 7:42 pm

"Spare me the details! She immortal or not she seems human to me. She feels fear, joy, pain, and guilt just like us. She feels horrid about the idea of hurting others and tries her best to help strangers in need. What good, has you protecting her from the outside world has done!? She seems to be covered in bruises and fears the slightest contact with other humans. The way I see it is that she will truly become a danger if you keep her from seeing the outside world, for what it is."

After that, I exhale deeply and relax my posture. I lower my bow and relax the tension while keeping an eye on the guards. This little argument will probably go on in circles, and with many guards still out there I'm not exactly in a good position here. Suddenly, a dark grin appears on my face. I'm not quite sure if its the situation I'm in or these people twisted logic, but either way its bad. Knowing that I make a sudden move once again aiming my bow this time with a fierce look as I plan to reveal my trump card.

"Alright, I'm done arguing about this back and forth. It's clear you won't change your mind and I'm aware I'm not gonna change that. Especially in the situation, I'm in. But know this! As a soldier of the third elite division from the Avalon kingdom, you will face severe consequences were something to happen. I have already issued an order to attack this village if I'm not to return within the next four hours and know that I will not leave without Milly! So you have two choices. Leave Milly here, and return to your village and I will withdraw my order, or... bear witness to your village being destroyed due to the violations of human values."
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2018 10:10 pm

Chief POV:

He doesn't seem to fall for my words. He is cleverer than he looks after all. Even though what I told him isn't completely true it isn't completely a lie either, but I will make him give up on that monster. It belongs to us now. After all this time I finally got enough trust of that idiot to be able to get close to that monster and I am very close to getting her for myself. I won't let this guy ruin my plan now that I have gotten this far.

"That thing really did brainwash you. That thing doesn't feel anything. It is just a way to get people to pity it. Keeping her from the outside world seems to have worked fine for the last 100 years here and I heard it was restrained before that as well. You don't even want to imagine the destruction it could bring to the world."

After that the boy starts talking about being some kind of high standing soldier of a kingdom I have never heard of, but to be honest I don't know really remember names of other cities as they don't matter to me at all. As he tells it I first twitch as it sounds like it could be a big problem, but the chances are high everything he said is just a lie to get away from here with that thing. Maybe he figured who she really is and wants it for himself. I won't let him. However there is a chance that he is speaking the truth, making it impossible to completely discard his words. He gives me two choices. 1. To let him go with 'Milly', was that the name of that thing? I don't remember it, but within this context that seems the most logical. Or 2. let his army destroy us. I don't care one bit what happens to this village I just need to get out with that monster before those armies reach the village if that army is even real. They could even make my escape easier if they get rid of the rest of the village for me. I just need to get rid of the boy as soon as possible.

"Due to violation of human values?"

I can't help but start laughing.

"Did you not hear me just now. There is nothing human about that thing. But I have had enough of you. I will just kill you right here and tell that army that you never were here and probably died due to wild animals or bandits or something."

I then make a sign to the two guards in front of me that they should attack. I also look them sharp in the eyes that they better take care that I don't end up with a single scratch. As always they flinch when I do that. They really need to grow a backbone. I probably am not hard enough on them to just do anything I ask them to without problems.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 2:07 am

He doesn't seem to surrender, although I was kind of expecting that. I won't deny that somewhere deep inside I was hoping that he just stop and retreat, but that will now never happen. It really does seem that arguing with this man is pointless, as we are talking back in circles. He seems to feel the same way he now has decided to just attack and be done with it. That means I have to rethink things fast, as this can go bad fast. The two guards between me and their leader seem somewhat hesitant as they slowly approach me. Although I don't blame them for being hesitant, seeing how I still have bow and arrow aimed at them. What is odd, is that they don't even seem to a defensive stand to try and prevent being hit. They won't pose a treat most likely, so I need to deal with them quick. Alright then, I guess now is as good a time as any to test if the last was a fluke like he said.

I hold my breath as I shift my aim to the guard next to the leader holding Milly. In one swift motion, I let my arrow fly. The arrows I saved are the one that were the most sturdy sticks and points stones I could find. The arrows manage to find their target, but they are far from lethal. More being with a full speed flying rock the guard is confronted with intense pain. I move quick dashing towards the man wielding the spear, with my bow in hand. Almost as if he was expecting me he launches his weapon at me. I too was expecting him to attack and in a twisting motion, I use the cord of my bow I strap his spear tight. People like him tend to rely too much on their weapon and now that I have his weapon secure I have him beat. Using the momentum of my spin I fling my feet to his face, pushing him back as he crashes to the ground. The other one hesitates for a bit but then he too attacks. That time is enough me for grab my knife again as I parry his attack. He pushes his weight onto me, another common tactic once again giving me the opportunity to counter. I slide to the side, causing the guard to lose his balance and now with my lighter weapon I move it to his neck to end this battle.

Knowing how to fight and actually being a fighter are different things as I quickly realize that this little stunt was enough to out of breath. I try my best not to let it show as I now have another shot to convince him to retreat.

"...L-Last chance. Stop now and leave Milly be, unless... You want your men to die, follow by the citizens of your village."
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2018 12:28 pm

... I suddenly feel some kind of impact which causes me to slowly wake up. I try to look around me, but everything is blurry. There are people around me. Are they fighting? I lift my arm towards them and I try to tell them to stop, but my voice doesn't come out. Then I notice that there is a person besides me on the ground. He seems to be in pain. I then notice the blood on his body. Not understanding what is going on I try to get closer to the guy withering in pain. Being closer I think the person on the ground is one of the guards. I know I should avoid them for now, but I can't just leave him here. But as I reach him I don't know what to do. I don't have anything with me and I don't understand what I can do without any bandages or other stuff...

Chief POV:

The boy starts attacking quickly and I am reminded that these guards are nothing more than a bunch of idiots that can't do anything. In no time the guard that was holding that monster is laying on the ground in pain, did one of the guards lose his weapon and the other has been taken hostage. I shouldn't have trusted them to be capable of anything. However in the corner of my eye I see another chance to turn this battle around. I won't let that guard on the ground play victim. He should just man up and play his part. I make a signal with my hand that I tought them earlier. As it is a signal that I made up the boy shouldn't be able to figure what it means. The guard seems to notice and forces his body back up. At least they are a bit durable.

That monster seems to have gotten up again, but the guard waits until she gets close before making his move. I never planned on having a fair fight in the first place and it appears he thought about it the same way. Everything that matters is winning and with that crushing your opponent. That boy tries to threaten me with the citizens and the life of the guard he is holding. He doesn't seem to understand that I couldn't care less about the citizens or these men. I just need to win a bit of time to get away from here myself.

As that monster gets close enough to the guard he makes a swift movement and raises it back to it's feet holding the knife he was hiding in front of her throat.

"You really think I will fall for your threats? But as you seem to care for that thing or just want it for yourself this threat might work better. Go back to where you came from now is your last chance."

This way I might get him to let go of the guard he is holding and these idiots won't figure out that I don't care about their lives at all as in their eyes it seems like I am trying to safe them.
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 2:31 am

Though I managed to swiftly dispose of the guards he ordered to kill me, their leader doesn't seem all too impressed. Even with my knife close his allies neck he hardly seems to care. His lack of empathy towards his ally is starting to worry me as it means threatening him in any may be meaningless. Almost to confirm my fear the guard I shot earlier with my arrow suddenly get up his feet as he now holds a knife to Milly knife. Using every ounce of sanity I have left I try to stay sane and most importantly stay calm. Especially now I'm not allowed to break out in a panic, I remind myself as I think of all the possible option I have left in this situation.

Milly seems to be conscious, making this an even harder decision but this would be as good as time as ever to completely shut down my emotions. I keep my knife firm as I hide my now somewhat intense face behind the guard.

"If you really wanted her dead, you would have killed her in those 100 years instead of keeping her. Milly! You can hear me right!? Is this really a place you want to be?! Remember what I said. You have to power to get yourself out of here, even without killing. No, only you have to power to stop the killing."

As I say my piece I move closer to the guard in front of me kicking in a backup plan, whispering in his ear: "Is your life really worth all of this? Why fight not knowing what it is for?"
Back to top Go down
One-Winged-Cat

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 11:52 am

I am suddely raised up on my feet and I feel cold metal against my throat. It also wakes me up again and I try to make sense of the situation around me. It seems like one of the guards managed to capture me. That isn't necessarily too bad. I needed to go back anyways, but then I notice Atom having gotten involved as well. I feel myself panicking as I notice that. I got someone else in trouble, I should have never let him get close to this village after all. I knew it was dangerous for him to be here. I have to get him out of here. He seems to have taken one guard as a hostage and one of the guards seem to use me as a hostage. There seem to be four guards here... no, wait... one of them is not just a guard it's their leader. His presence can only mean trouble. And as I am taken hostage Atom probably knows what I am... if it isn't for my power it wouldn't make sense to use me as a hostage after all.

Atom then starts talking again. His first sentence immediately lets me know that indeed the chief told Atom about me. That is going to be trouble as well... But after that he tells me to free myself, but...

"I may not want to kill it as you indeed noticed, but I don't mind hurting it in the slightest. You said before that you noticed the wounds and bruises all over it. That is it's master and my doing for most part."

The chief starts speaking and then turns to me and grabs my hair.

"And for you, you know you can't disobey me. You belong to your master and me after all."

What should I do? If I fight back Atom will end up as an enemy to the village. If he just goes away now it will probably end without any problems for him. I can't get him in more trouble than I already did. I look to the ground as I start speaking again.

"You will get your own village in trouble if you make these guys your enemies. Isn't it better if you just go home?"

Neutral POV:

The guard that Atom whispered to looks sad after Atom speaks to him. He whispers back to Atom.

"I do have a goal and that is why I can't leave this place. If I turn against them my family is done for. I can't leave them behind."
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

Character sheet
Mana Capacity:

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2018 3:06 pm

"Don't you realize that not only your family but everyone in your entire village is done for if you keep this up. I hope you are. The real question is... Is it worth it protecting your family, if you won't be able to join them."

I whisper my final thoughts knowing this too is probably pointless. I then move my knife a bit closer, forcing the guard to move closer to me. The situation is getting more and more hopeless as things keep escalating. It seems despite their situation they all just go along with what their "leader" is saying, even though I hardly seems to care for his men. This guy isn't a leader. A true leader would fight alongside his allies like Imanji would do. No, this man is just a coward. Even Milly seems to just accept it. Is she really oke with this? Is she just going to accept it? No, it doesn't matter! "I" will not accept this!

"It seems we aren't going anywhere and you don't seem to take my advice seriously. So let me give you one final offer. Let's have a duel. You and me. Whoever loses retreat with no more strings attached."

(If he accepts, Atom will demand Milly to be released. Atom will then release the guard as well to get ready for the duel)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Life
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Kingdom RP :: RP Area :: Simulation Realm-
Jump to: